It’s Friday! It’s Random! It’s the last day of summer vacation – here we go!
1. These past 4 days off? Highly recommend it. I read 1 book, took 2 naps, swam, went out, stayed in, rested, laughed and had a lot of fun. Ended up working all day so today’s vacation time is going back in the vault for a later date.
2. For a number of years I’ve worried about being highly allergic to morphine, iodine and latex. I fear being unresponsive after an accident and somehow being administered all three – ugh. Yes, I knew I should wear a “Medic-Alert” item but never did because, well, they’re hideous and this girl is not about wearing ugly jewelry. But then I found this cool site called Lauren’s Hope where they make medical jewelry that’s individualized and fashionable. Got my bracelet this week and not only am I stylin’, I feel better prepared for an emergency. Check out my new bling below:
3. I forgot how good fresh corn-on-the-cob tastes. Butter, salt, a little pepper. Mmm-mmm good.
4. Took a ride up Route 66 this week – Hubbs and I ventured north for an overnight casino outing. Fun times and a trip we’ll repeat. My tip? Play the penny machines, we made our ca$h last all evening and still came home with some – whee!
5. Speaking of “Route 66,” here’s a rather peppy version of this classic song by “Asleep at the Wheel.” Give it a listen, I’ll bet it gets your toes-a-tappin’ and you might feel like a road trip’s in order, too.
So, how was your week? 🙂