We’re nearing the end of our July vacation ~ and it always amazes me how quickly vacation flies by!
Ahh the lazy days of summer. It’s hot, sticky and sunny. Even with my 70SPF I have a warm tan with tan lines where my flip flops go and tank tops end. As when I look back at all we’ve accomplished and had going these past 2 weeks it’s no wonder we’re both moving a little slow this weekend.
- I arrived home on a Friday after attending a 3 day corporate conference
- Had new window treatments installed (involved moving furniture/etc out of the way and back again)
- Played in a couples golf scramble
- all in the same day 😀
- what was I thinking?
- Say yes and you’ll figure it out later
- Picked my sister up from the plane and, for a week, stayed up late and got up early, still talking
- Visited the big lake (Lake Michigan) 2 x + Won and lost money at the Casino
- Cried watching “Toy Story 4” and “The Mustang”
- laughed at all the same places in “Bridesmaids”
- Reveled in the ability to sit across the table from each other, laughing until we choked while finishing each others sentences
- Skipped breakfast & enjoyed watermelon and cherries for lunch
- Savored pots of coffee & tea out on the patio with sister, Sully and Hubbs … plus a cold beer or two, too
Mornings with Sully, an Emjayandthem (C) Photo
- Up and outside early and to bed when tired with no alarm clocks – WHEE!
- Celebrated the 4th with amazing fireworks, dancing fireflies and neighbors
- Decorated the hall for the kid’s wedding and hosted the rehearsal dinner, ordered the limo, catering, bar, DJ and more plus managed the details!
- Helped him get ready on his big day
- Cried with Hubbs and my sister at ^^ above
- Smiled at his smile when he saw her
- Cried again
- Witnessed their vows, celebrated by dancing with our boys, my sister, hubbs and friends.
- Polka’d till I lost my breath and then went out and did it again 🙂
- Cleaned up the hall and tumbled into bed
- Got up early & hosted a gift opening
- Languished in the hot tub
- Cared for, slept with and supervised grand-dog Sully ~ who is adorable and hilarious but a bit like having a 70lb toddler
Today I cooked up brunch, did some catalogue perusing and online shopping but still haven’t started on my books, there’s been no time. …. but I think I’ll take a page out of Sully’s book and go enjoy a nap in the a/c.
Sully nap, an Emjayandthem (C) photo
What are you up to today? Take any naps lately?
Categories: Animals, Attitude, Faith, Family, Home, Life, Life Lessons, Love, Opinion, Patriotic, Personal, Thoughts, Writing
Tags: 4th of July, animals, dog lessons, dogs, fireflies, fireworks, Independence Day, lazy days of summer, movies, naps, no schedule, pets, relationships, seasons, simple pleasures, Sully, summer holidays, summer vacation, Summertime, The Mustang, Toy Story 4, travel, watermelon, wedding