image from homecooking.com
SuperBowl 45 is tomorrow! At our house, SuperBowl equals super tasty snacks and no SuperBowl party is complete without some spicy, cheesy goodness. I make a variety of foods that we consider “SuperBowl-worthy” like wings, subs, and dips.
Here’s an easy recipe for Buffalo Chicken Dip. It’s simple to prepare, naughty as hell and provides just the right amout of “soak” for those of us who might like to partake in a few Killians during the game.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this tasty treat:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softenend
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2-3 cups of cooked/chopped chicken (I use rotisserie chicken for flavor & ease of preparation)
- 1 cup buffalo chicken wing sauce (any will do)
- 1 cup ranch or blue cheese dressing
- 1 cup shredded cheese – cheddar, colby whatever
- PS: you can use light versions of the dairy & dressings to cut some of the fat … but this dish is far from being heart-healthy
Preheat oven to 350. Mix cream cheese & sour cream & spread into the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Mix chicken & wing sauce and spread over the cream cheese/sour cream . Next pour dressing (ranch or blue cheese) and smooth that over the chicken mixture. Top with shredded cheese & bake for 30 minutes. Watch carefully to avoid burning the cheese.*
Serve warm with Frito scoops, tortilla chips & celery.
*This can be made ahead, taken to a party cold & heated up at the party destination. Stand back and prepare yourself for the compliments!
For more on the SuperBowl, visit http://sbtwitter.nfl.com/
Special thanks to my sweet friend Maureen who shared this recipe with me several SuperBowls ago.