1. The sun was out yesterday – all day long. It. Was. Glorious. More than once, I found myself near the window, soaking up the warmth like a lizard on a lounge chair. Ahh.
2. Today I’m off to meet our great-nephew and deliver some yummy foods to the weary parents. TLC Chicken Spaghetti, Home-made soup, cheesy biscuits and Game Day (Heath Bar) Brownies. This isn’t my first rodeo, and I know exactly what new parents need: creamy, yummy, easy to warm up and a pop of chocolate at 3 a.m. The neat thing? I’m bringing Hubbs’ Auntie with me so we will have 4 generations together and the little guy will meet his great auntie and his great-great auntie in the same day.
When the root is deep, there is no reason to fear the wind.
3. Hubbs is headed to the golf show today with one of his best buds. You would think they won the lotto as they are that excited. Recently, he was awarded some extra $$ for his efforts at work and I suggested that since he did the work he should spend it on something he wants .. like golf. Well, it didn’t take long for golf show plans to come together. The twinkle in his eye can be spotted from across the room. 🙂
4. After the food delivery and the golf show delights, he & his buddy and me & buddy’s wife are meeting up for eats and greets today. NO cooking this Sunday, and that’s just fine with me.
5. I don’t know if it’s getting older or just having a lot on my mind, but more often than not, I get the “here-afters.” (I come into a room and wonder what I’m here after!) Then I saw this cartoon and laughed out loud. Yep, I can relate. You?
Happy Sunday, peeps.