It’s Friday, whoop whoop! Time for 5 random thoughts from the house of MJ. Here we go.
1. Sunshine. A miracle occurred earlier this week – the clouds disappeared and the sun came out and me & my office mates chitter-chattered like squirrels. For about 42 minutes, it was glorious. The end.
Sunshine? More please! photo credit – National Geographic
2. Roof rakes. Ever heard of this? Invented no doubt by a hearty mid-westerner, this cool little contraption allows the user to rake the snow off the roof. In a burst of brilliance, I gave it a go one day last weekend. I’m 5’2″, the roof is roughly 400′ in the air. It worked great till I reached one of the highest points where the rake’s head popped off and stayed .. on the roof. Lucky for me, youngest kid witnessed my debacle and his 6’3″ self came to my rescue. I put it back together, wiped the snow off and went back in the house where I belong. The end.
This isn’t me or my house. This is Shirl in St. Paul having a grand old time with her roof rake. Photo credit http://www.minnesota.com
3. Winter Olympics! Curling! Skiing! Skating! Hockey! I feel like I’m back in the Motherland. And is there anyone ever more excited than a figure skating announcer?? Triple-double-salchow- he NAILED IT! I dig the Winter Olympics and I’m not afraid to say it. The end.
Curling might be my sentimental favorite, although we were never quite as colorful as the Norwegian Curling Team is!! google.images
4. Chores. Chores – getting gas – groceries – everything – is more difficult in winter. Hubbs and I divided & conquered yesterday. He stopped and purchased and hauled in all the heavy stuff that’s hard for me to do (paper products, cases of water, canned goods, frozen foods etc) and I made a “produce” run on my way home; produce derails him every time. We’re feeling like geniuses and it only took us 23 years to learn this! The end.
5. 41 days till Spring. Technically anyways. Last year we had snow in April but I’m not going there right now. Just 41 days, peeps. The end.
Care to share your “Random 5” with me?