I lifted this list from a previous post because I saw a trend of mine in there … the words “like that.”
1. Some of you know that I hold citizenship in both Canada, my birthplace, and in the United States, my home. What you don’t know is that every time I go through customs, it’s all I can do to hold it together. When an Immigration Agent says, “Welcome home” at either border, I blink back tears, every time. I’m patriotic like that.
2. I love to read and always have a book at my side. But I get ornery when authors leave me hanging with a poor plot line or a dismal ending. I will finish a book I’m not enjoying but won’t visit that author again. They don’t know this, or care, but I do. I’m stubborn like that.
3. I bake goodies and give them away; chocolate does little for me. Potato chips? Different story. Potato chips take me back to summer nights in a backyard tent, reading comic books with my cousin, telling stories and plotting our next great pony-riding adventure. I’m quirky like that.
4. I love going to the airport. I can cry watching someone else’s reunion. I’m sappy like that.
5. The older I get, the less I care what people say and the more I watch what they do. I’m seasoned like that.
6. I try not to look back unless the view is really worth seeing. I’m determined like that.
7. No matter how big or tall or experienced they become, my boys will always be mine and I pity the fool who dares hurt them. Yep, I’m a Mom like that.
I’d love it if you shared 7 things about yourself “like that.”