December 31, 2019 ~ I woke to a darkened house, blanketed in quiet from the snow swirling down. It’s New Year’s Eve ~ and here we are on the cusp of a new month, a new year, a new decade.
Just like that.
When asked my resolutions for 2020 and I answered quickly – it’s simple, really. All I have to do is look back at the past 11 days off, and therein lives my answer.
In 2020 I’ll try my best to recreate that ~
- That feeling, as winter winds roar outside the windows and you lift your head up from reading for 4 hours straight, plowing through magazines and books without a care or a distraction, a deadline or a phone call.
- That feeling, stretching and waking gently, without the glaring jolt of an alarm.
- That feeling, when you listen to your body and move it a little more, haul the boxes and work up a sweat taking down and packing up and catch yourself smiling because it’s only 9:30 a.m. and you’ve been up for 3 hours already.
- That feeling, between two major holidays, when you’re not sure which day it is – is it a work day? is it a week day? And you have to consult the calendar to confirm. And laugh about it.
- That feeling when your sustenance consists of coffee, bacon, eggs, cheese, pickles and clementines.
Nope, no New Year/New You for me. Not this year. I’m gonna focus on finding more of that feeling denoted above.
- How are you ringing in the new year?
- Do you resolve to do things differently?
- Do you want more of what you already have?
“When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. When life is bitter, say thank you and grow.” —Shauna Niequist
Happy * New * Year *