We’re nearing the end of our July vacation ~ and it always amazes me how quickly vacation flies by!
Ahh the lazy days of summer. It’s hot, sticky and sunny. Even with my 70SPF I have a warm tan with tan lines where my flip flops go and tank tops end. As when I look back at all we’ve accomplished and had going these past 2 weeks it’s no wonder we’re both moving a little slow this weekend.
- I arrived home on a Friday after attending a 3 day corporate conference
- Had new window treatments installed (involved moving furniture/etc out of the way and back again)
- Played in a couples golf scramble
- all in the same day 😀
- what was I thinking?
- Say yes and you’ll figure it out later
- Picked my sister up from the plane and, for a week, stayed up late and got up early, still talking
- Visited the big lake (Lake Michigan) 2 x + Won and lost money at the Casino
- Cried watching “Toy Story 4” and “The Mustang”
- laughed at all the same places in “Bridesmaids”
- Reveled in the ability to sit across the table from each other, laughing until we choked while finishing each others sentences
- Skipped breakfast & enjoyed watermelon and cherries for lunch
- Savored pots of coffee & tea out on the patio with sister, Sully and Hubbs … plus a cold beer or two, too
Mornings with Sully, an Emjayandthem (C) Photo
- Up and outside early and to bed when tired with no alarm clocks – WHEE!
- Celebrated the 4th with amazing fireworks, dancing fireflies and neighbors
- Decorated the hall for the kid’s wedding and hosted the rehearsal dinner, ordered the limo, catering, bar, DJ and more plus managed the details!
- Helped him get ready on his big day
- Cried with Hubbs and my sister at ^^ above
- Smiled at his smile when he saw her
- Cried again
- Witnessed their vows, celebrated by dancing with our boys, my sister, hubbs and friends.
- Polka’d till I lost my breath and then went out and did it again 🙂
- Cleaned up the hall and tumbled into bed
- Got up early & hosted a gift opening
- Languished in the hot tub
- Cared for, slept with and supervised grand-dog Sully ~ who is adorable and hilarious but a bit like having a 70lb toddler
Today I cooked up brunch, did some catalogue perusing and online shopping but still haven’t started on my books, there’s been no time. …. but I think I’ll take a page out of Sully’s book and go enjoy a nap in the a/c.
Sully nap, an Emjayandthem (C) photo
What are you up to today? Take any naps lately?
Categories: Animals, Attitude, Faith, Family, Home, Life, Life Lessons, Love, Opinion, Patriotic, Personal, Thoughts, Writing
Tags: 4th of July, animals, dog lessons, dogs, fireflies, fireworks, Independence Day, lazy days of summer, movies, naps, no schedule, pets, relationships, seasons, simple pleasures, Sully, summer holidays, summer vacation, Summertime, The Mustang, Toy Story 4, travel, watermelon, wedding
It’s time for Random 5 Sunday on the first Sunday in December:
- Thanksgiving week vacation: I’ve never taken the whole week of Thanksgiving off. I’ve taken a day here and a day there. But never the whole week. And now, ladies & gents, I do believe I have a new tradition ~ whoop!
- Hallmark Channel Holiday movies. While on vacation, I watched at least 5 Hallmark Holiday movies – sometimes I only caught the tail end or the beginning. You have to admit, the plot is easy to predict most of the time – a beautiful young lass soured on love by a jerky boyfriend moves back to her home town only to bump into the world’s hottest handy-man while shopping for her daughter who it turns out only made 1 friend at school – the (widowed) hottie’s son … and in just a matter of weeks she finds the love of her life, saves a small town business, rescues kittens and puppies and all they live happily ever after, over hot chocolate in perfectly coordinated tartan jackets ~ sigh
- Naps – glorious, wonderful, and life-redeeming. Because we stayed on our “normal” schedule during our time off, just 1 nap was enough. Somehow I kept up on my rest. Went back to work wide-awake and refreshed. And good thing, because I clocked 800+ miles last week alone!
- Travel plans ~ Sissy and I are planning a “sister’s” getaway – we’ll likely revisit Branson, MO for a week of visiting, shopping, visiting, shows and fun. We’ve visited there once before, 10 years ago, when we took Mom for her 77th birthday. What a great time we had – and such a relaxed and friendly place to be. After our 3rd night Mom happily chirped, “You know, I’ve never stayed in a hotel this many nights and I’ve never gone out for every single meal!” We were girlfriends on this trip you see, more than mother and daughters. She loved the adventure and spoke of it many times with fondness. I know she’d love that we’re planning to go back.
me, mom & my sister in Branson, MO, 2007
- Christmas Spirit: I wasn’t really feeling any Christmas spirit heading into our Family Christmas party last night. The hustle and bustle and holiday ho-ho-hos didn’t do it. Lots of yummy foods, hugs and merriment didn’t do it. No – it was capturing this picture – of wee cousins (with our grands in the mix) at the exact moment they all cheered “SANTA CLAUS” – that’s what did it.
Santa Claus!! An Emjayandthem (C) photo
“He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.” ― Roy L. Smith
What randoms would you like to share? Are you feeling the Christmas spirit yet?
Categories: Attitude, Blogging, Faith, Family, Fun, Growth, Holidays, Home, Joy, Life, Patriotic, Random, Thoughts, Traditions
Tags: adventures with Mom, Branson Missouri, Christmas party 2016, Christmas spirit, family, getaways, Hallmark Holiday movies, He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree, joy, Mom, naps, time away from work, time off, traditions, travel plans with my sister
If you captured your summer in snapshots what would it look like?
Here are a few from my summer:
1. My “Hey Now!” Salsa …by the trough.
photo from healt-fitness.au (This has never lasted long enough for me to capture it on camera)
2. Rainy day naps.
3. Date nights on patios.
Kitten heels and swirly skirts. google images.com
4. Time out with wee ones.
Heading to the Zoo with my MJ. An Emjayandthem (C) photo
5. Road trips with stops in new-to-me places.
Deck view from Crosswinds restaurant in Whitehall, MI … ahh
6. Fresh sweet cherries by the handful.
photo courtesy of Robinette’s Apple Haus
7. And laughter.
ha ha! Google.images.com
What snapshots represent your summer?
Categories: Attitude, Faith, Family, Fun, Growth, Home, Joy, Life, Random, Seasons
Tags: adventures, black bean salsa recipe, date nights, family, fresh sweet cherries, naps, rainy days, road trips, snapshots of summer