It’s Friday! It’s time for 5 Random thoughts from my world. Ready? Let’s go.
1. 90 Sunday, 70 Thursday, down in the 50s overnight. It felt like Fall outside and winter in the office (a/c blowing!) Between you and me, if the 90s don’t come back again this year, that’s fine .. give me the sunny, dry stuff any day!
2. It’s been a whirlwind week at work and the next few months look to be the same. Hubbs and I scheduled a little “getaway” starting mid next week but we’ve also discussed “hanging around the shanty” instead. Between you and me, it wouldn’t break my heart to stay put and cool our jets.
3. “Met” my new boss yesterday. Sharp, accomplished, and organized .. and in another state. Between you and me, I like what I hear. The person who chose him is a leader I admire: if he picked him, we’re in good hands. Whoop!
“I won’t put “good” in front of leadership; it is or it isn’t.”– Georgette Sullins (Amen said the choir!)
4. Mom has not been feeling the best and, between you and me, I’m worried about her. I know she rallied everything she had to go to my niece’s wedding; I also know how much fun we had together, saw how big and steady her smile was, and knew she wouldn’t have missed a minute of it. Those memories comfort me when worry spins out of control.
5. Something I love about Facebook is that I can see snaps from my home province via a photo group. Debbie Young took this photo of Aurora Borealis dancing over my Saskatchewan sky. It’s so dreamy that, between you and me, just looking at it makes me a farm kid all over again.
So, between you and me, how was your week?