We have grand-dog Sullivan (“Sully”) with us for a week. Actually I should say I do. I’m clearly his favorite, which annoys my tender-hearted dog-loving Hubbs. He doesn’t mean to but his large frame and big voice scare Sully. Meanwhile if I stop short he literally runs into my butt.
When you haven’t had a dog you in a while you tend to forget what it’s like. Here are some “life lessons” I’ve enjoyed revisiting brought to you from the 3 year old wonder dog:
- Live in the moment – he has a harness thing that took me 15 tries to figure out – but I got it and we were off! His tail wagged the whole time I tried. 🙂
- Appreciate everything: Walks are great & even better with a buddy. 90% of the time he goes full speed ahead. Unless he stops to sniff something. Another good reminder to pause, give thanks, and take in the day.
- Mix things up – take an alternate route once in a while. He enjoyed the detour and I enjoyed the shade!
- Get outside as often as possible. This was early evening, after storms had rolled through. So. Many. Sniffs!
- Play every day. And then do it again as soon as possible.
- Never underestimate the restorative powers of sleep. Photo after 2 walks, 8 games of “keep-a-way,” a million in & outs and 15+ yard sniffs.
We’ve enjoyed having him, we always do. I enjoy waking to a small furry face in mine; I laugh when he nudges me with a squeaky toy. I do what is asked, step away from the laptop and run around the yard a few times.
I’m off work the rest of the week but haven’t told Sully yet ~ I’ll just play with him and let it be his idea. 🙂
Life lessons worth repeating.
Categories: Animals, Attitude, Family, Fun, Growth, Joy, Life, Opinion, Uncategorized
Tags: compare, daily walk, dog, exercise, happy, happy things, life lessons from the dog, simple pleasure, sniffs, Sullivan, Sully, walks, what makes you happy
So .. a while ago, I earned an award at work. Who doesn’t enjoy being appreciated? But .. the fun thing about this is that it’s not the kind of award that hangs on your wall and needs to be dusted. Oh no, this award is given in points … points that can be redeemed via a website. A site loaded up with all kinds of cool stuff.
There’s stuff that’s fun, stuff that’s practical and stuff you’d probably never get any other way. It’s a little decadent. And who doesn’t enjoy being decadent once in a while?
Restaurant Gift cards. Housewares. Luggage. Jewelry. Sports & outdoors. Or … something that makes a popcorn fiend sit up and take notice …something like this:
I admit it. I’m a popcorn junkie. Certified. I’ll happily endure a bad movie just so to have theater popcorn.
:: one of the worst I’ve ever seen ::
The Wabash Farms Whirley-Pop popcorn maker makes Theater-style popcorn – at home – in about 3 minutes. Every kernel pops and every single one is scrump-dilly-icious. As in 8 million times better than microwaved.
I’d share but … it’s time to reorder! Get yours at popcornpopper.com or on Amazon.
What simple pleasure have you indulged in lately?
Categories: Food, Home, Joy, Life, Opinion, Products I love, Uncategorized
Tags: entertainment, movies, popcorn, rewards, simple pleasure, simple pleasures, snacks, Whirley-Pop popcorn maker, Wicker Man