Here we are nearing the end of June ~ it’s time for 5 Random Thoughts from my world. Ready? Let’s do this.
1 ) Golf – who knew I would have this much fun golfing? Even the lessons are fun! I tell him this all the time so I’ll tell you, too: Hubbs was right. You cannot golf and work. Beyond being together and being outside, disconnecting from my job is something I’m enjoying so much. I like what I do, but no one needs to do it a-l-l the time! 🙂
2 ) Good tired. We both worked around the house & yard yesterday and I went to bed early ~ It was a “good tired,” the tired that comes with aching muscles and sore feet but the knowledge you accomplished something. Then, to no surprise, I found myself awake at 4, then 5, at by 6:10 I threw the covers back with a “oh just get up already.” Laundry’s done, coffee’s hot and Salsa Chicken simmers in the crock pot ~ I’m enjoying padding around a quiet house on a sunny summer Sunday.
3 ) Joe Friday – Heading to another corporate conference this week ~ there have been even more organizational shifts with senior people leaving and new folks coming in. The bench is deep and the talent is impressive. And, as we’ve done before, we were asked to complete the Myers-Briggs personality test. I’ve taken this test many times over the course of my corporate life and I always get the same result – I’m an ISTJ —
- ISTJ – The Inspector (Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, Judging) ~ Quiet, serious, earn success by thoroughness and dependability. Practical, matter-of-fact, realistic, and responsible. Highly capable and decides logically what should be done and work toward it steadily, regardless of distractions. Take pleasure in making everything orderly and organized – their work, their home, their life. Value traditions and loyalty.
I’m Joe Friday! Google.images.com
However, the test is only as accurate as your answers are honest. And like we’ve all seen, there are some who “play it” up for the big cheese(s), sit in the front row, hang on the leaders’ every answer, and kiss the ring. These are the same people whose profiles never match up to who they actually are. I’m fine with my results because I know exactly who I am – the good, bad, and the ugly. And that’s exactly why such trips are so taxing!
4) Wedding bells – Our youngest son is getting married in just a few weeks! 10 minutes ago he was this little. But he’s not so little anymore. He still has the same laugh & love for life ~ and now he has a beautiful partner by his side, someone to call his very own. The love between them is palpable and we couldn’t be happier!
Corporate Family picnic, an Emjayandthem (C) photo
5 ) Summer Vacation – After this week’s conference ends comes 15 – count ’em – 15 days off! I’m leaning in for time with Hubbs, time with my sister, trips to the beach and Casino, visits with our boys & their girls, a happy wedding to enjoy and dance to, grilling out, grand-kids, grand-dogs, Golf, sunshine, sunscreen, watermelon, flip flops, tank tops, down time , new books and more good tired.
- So, what’s new in your world?
- Do you enjoy the feeling of “good tired?”
- Ever taken a personality test?