It’s summer ~ we’re in the throes of the season now, temps hovering in the 90s with the % of humidity matching.
In no particular order are just some of the summer delights we’ve been savoring:
- Morning coffees on the patio
- Fireflies fluttering at dusk
- Strawberries, corn-on-the-cob and 7-Layer Salad
- Anything grilled ~ steak, chicken, shrimp and more
- Hubbs golfing later and me reading later, all to summer’s golden light
- A soft serve ice-cream, half chocolate & half vanilla, with half of it running down your arm
- Stray cat visits
- Kids playing in the sprinkler and Yellow finches mining my flowers
- Couples walking together and dogs walking owners
- The joy of a new book and the laziness of summer magazines
- The smell of fresh limes on my fingers after squeezing into a margarita, the kiss of summer on my shoulders and the tangle of beach waves in my hair
+ + + + + + +
“Summer, after all, is a time when wonderful things can happen to quiet people. For those few months, you’re not required to be who everyone thinks you are, and that cut-grass smell in the air and the chance to dive into the deep end of a pool give you a courage you don’t have the rest of the year. You can be grateful and easy, with no eyes on you, and no past. Summer just opens the door and lets you out.” -Deb Caletti, Honey, Baby, Sweetheart
What have you indulged in this summer?